Starting out tips
- Insert your lenses before applying makeup.
- Always remember to properly clean your hands (with soap and water), then rinse and dry them with a non-fluffy towel.
- Put in the washbasin to avoid any accidental loss of your contact lenses.
- Prepare your lens case and the fill it with solution and place yourself in front of a mirror.
- Always handle your lenses carefully and avoid any contact with your nails (which should be filed regularly).
- Always handle the same lens, right or left, first in order to avoid consusion.
- Avoid using greasy products.
- If you are bothered by a lens, it may be due to the presence of dust: remove the lens and rinse it again. If the difficulty persists, remove your lenses and consult your eye care professional.
- Immediately remove your lenses if your eyes are red or irritated and contact your eye care professional.
- Remember to take a lens case and a travelling bottle with you as well as your glasses.
How to insert your lenses
The first time:
- Label the boxes for the right and left eye carefully.
- Note the date you opened your new lenses (to be repeated every 2 weeks).
Follow steps 1 to 6:
- Gently remove the first lens from its storage case by slipping it gently into the palm of your handwithout touching the inside surface.
Rinse the lens with MeniCare Soft solution and place it on the tip of your right index finger.
- ・Check that your lens is the right side out and not upside down.
- 1st method:
- ・When your Menicon PremiO lens is resting the right side up on your right finger, you should be able to read the number 3 or 6 on the inside face of the lens.
- Alternative method:
- Pull down the lower eyelid with your right middle finger and raise the upper eyelid with your left index finger.
- Place the lens on your eye while looking slightly towards your nose.
- Gently release the eyelids and blink.
- Check that the lens is properly centered.
Look into the mirror to locate the lens. Gently manipulate the edge of the de-centered lens on the cornea while the eye is opened, using finger pressure on the edge of the upper or lower lid until the lens is centered.
If your vision seems blurred, check that the lens is properly centred, the right side up and that you have not mixed up your right and left lenses.
- Repeat the same steps for the other lens.
- Remember to empty the case and leave it open to dry.
- Apply makeup after inserting your lenses.
How to remove your lenses
Remember to wash, rinse and dry your hands before removing your lenses.
- Always remove the right lens first. Fill the case with MeniCare Soft multipurpose solution (R to mark the right compartment).
- Pull down your lower eyelid with your middle finger.
- Look sideways towards your nose and use your index finger to gently slide the lens down to the lower white part of the eye.
- Pinch the lens very gently, removing it between the thumb and index fingers with the finger pads.
- Place the lens in the palm of your hand and clean it following the steps indicated in the instructions included with your bottle of MeniCare Soft.
Repeat the same steps for the other lens (left).
Safety DOs & Safety DON'Ts
- Always use fresh solution: empty the case after inserting your lenses, rinse it with the solution and leave it to dry in open air.
- Always keep your lens case very clean and dry. Replace it at least every three months (a new case is supplied with each box of MeniCare Soft).
- Lenses may be stored in the unopened case until ready to wear, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Close the bottle after use and store it at room temperature in a dark place.
- Do not touch the nozzle of the bottle.
- Comply with the replenishing solution use-by date and discard it three months after opening.
- Consult your eye care professional before using any ocular treatment at the same time as wearing your lenses.
- Don’t top up the solution in the case! Use fresh solution each time.
- Never use tap water, saliva or large volumes of physiological serum without preservative to rinse or store your lenses!
- Avoid any contact with water.
Wearing your lenses in aquatic environments (swimming pools, rivers, etc.)is not recommended because there is an increased risk of infection.
Do not change the replenishing solution or brand of lenses without discussing it beforehand with your eye care professional.
Failure to follow advice and hygiene rules can lead to intolerance and a serious risk of ocular infection.
Taking care of your Menicon PremiO lenses
It is important to follow the advice given by your eye care professional and use the recommended solution.
Menicon recommends MeniCare Soft multipurpose solution for cleaning, rinsing, disinfecting and soaking your Menicon PremiO lenses.
On removing your lenses, it is important to rub them to remove any dust, microorganisms and daily detritus.
Place the lens in the palm of your hand and gently massage both sides with a few drops of MeniCare Soft solution for around 20 seconds.
- Rinsing after cleaning
Rinse the lens for five seconds after it with MeniCare Soft solution.
Place the lens in the corresponding compartment of the case (R for right) filled with fresh solution and shut the case.
The soaking time to properly decontaminate your lenses is at least four hours.
Repeat the same steps for the second lens.
- Rinsing before inserting
Before inserting your lenses, rinse them for at least 5 seconds with the recommended solution.